Friday, June 3, 2011

Lessons Learned

I've been home for a while now and I've had time to reflect on my Brazilian meet series. While I didn't throw as far in these meets as I've thrown earlier in the season, I learned a lot about myself as an athlete. I'm a creature of habit, but when I'm abroad I can't let that become a distraction. Everyone has to deal with the same delays, time constraints, or annoyances so I just have to deal and get over it. Situations are rarely exactly what I want them to be. Champions adapt and overcome!

This week I reached a new milestone in my life, I turned 30!!!! I had a lot of people tell me that "its all downhill from here" but that's because in my opinion, they're short sighted. I'm just now starting to hit a good stride in my career, and there are quite literally a million things that I still want to accomplish in my life. So while they say its all downhill, I say I'm only beginning to climb the hill!

The 2011 Outdoor National Championships are coming up in Eugene, OR on Saturday June 25th. For those of you who can't make it, they're televising it on Universal from 3p-4:30p EST and on Sunday June 26th from 5p-6p EST on NBC. Good luck to all the athletes as we compete to make the World Championship Team! Daegu, here we come!

Peace and Blessings,
Amber

No comments:

Twitter AmberCampbellThrows

Throws Information

Throwing formats
In Olympic throwing events -- men's and women's shot put, discus, hammer and javelin -- the competition begins with a qualifying round in which the entire field is divided into two or more groups. In this round, competitors take turns attempting to reach a pre-set distance that automatically advances them to the final. If fewer than 12 athletes meet the distance required from direct qualification, the 12 competitors with the best throws, plus any athletes tying for 12th, advance to the final. In the final round, competitors take turns until each has attempted three throws. At this point, the top eight-ranked competitors (plus ties) receive three more throws. The best throw of the six is counted and the athlete with the longest throw is declared the winner. In case of a tie, the second-best throw is consulted.

Amber In her MJOLNIR Armor

Amber In her MJOLNIR Armor
Amber takes Gold at the Indoor Nationals

Olympic Trials 2008

Celebrating with the Campbell's

Indoor Championship 2009